Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Snow

Two months (or so) ago the snow fell over the general Stockholm area resulting in complete chaos. First trucks and buses got stock, then the afternoon traffic rush hour began and lasted all night. A lot of people were unprepaired with bad tires often combined with a lack of basic driving skills.

It took me over five hours to get home from work that day -- it takes about half an hour if there's no traffic.

The snow quickly melted away though. It was all gone just about when we finally had managed to buy tires for Ellinor's car. (I had been telling her to get good tires made for snow for over a month by then).

Anyway. Today at about 16.30 a friend on msn messenger told me there was about an inch of snow in BĂ„lsta. I went to the window. No snow at all. A few minutes past five I went out to my car and found it covered in snow. I brushed it off and prepared myself for a few hours drive home.

I took my oridnary sneaky shortcuts and managed to avoid most of the traffic. The E4 wasn't moving much -- but I was. It took me about an hour to get home. At this time of day it's average time.















As I passed Vallentuna I saw a car in the ditch that had crashed into a street lamp. I took a picture, but it's not very good.

Too bad I had my car washed this morning though. It probably will look dirty when the snow melts away. I'm hoping the snow will last, but I have no such illusions. This Christmas won't be white.

No comments: